Monday, July 31, 2006

A sad loss

As many of you know by now, Matt's dad passed away last weekend very unexpectedly. He dropped dead instantly of a massive heart attack. He didn't even have time to grab his cell phone which was still on his belt. I suppose if one must go then that's the way to do it....(or like my great Aunt Elsie just go to bed one night and not wake up). At least he was active to the end. He was out in the yard digging a spot under the porch where he could store his new playtoy...some sort of tractor that he could use to keep his wooded trails clear.

We got back from Michigan on Saturday but we're all still moving very slowly. Alex had another funeral to go to yesterday. His best friend's mom passed last week as well. I was going to go with him but I was not feeling well.

Sigh...I have to get ready for work now. Love to all :)

p.s. You can view his story at www.lifestorynet.com and go to Troy F. Smith, Vicksburg, Mi.

No comments: