Saturday, June 24, 2006

Early Morning...

What a wild week. I took a little time off to be with the boys and I finally got my fill of them! Thursday I picked up a friend of theirs and we took a picnic to the park. It was hot but tolerable in the shade so we found a table and ate and chatted and then pulled out the squirt guns! We had a blast! What got me was when we went to the store later for drinks they just picked and squabbled and ran around like a bunch of 5 year olds and by the end of the day I was ready for a break. I miss that! We were going to drive out to Wilmington where the kids' other friend Chris moved and bring him back here for a couple days but we can't get hold of him so we might just go to the beach instead. Break my heart...poor me...I have to go the beach...note the touch of sarcasm! ha!
Well it's 5am and I think I'm finally getting sleepy again. I had a nasty little hot flash that woke me up at 1 and again at 3. Either that or it's summer time and really is hot in here! We have to go out sometime this weekend and pick up a little window unit for Jason's room. Poor kid is sleeping on the sofa. Usually we just put both boys in Alex's room (I catch Alex with his AC on in the winter sometimes... he's just like Matt in that way...drives me crazy!) but they're finally too big for that. Alex will be 16 next Sunday and Jason is 14. Where does the time go?

No comments: