Monday, February 21, 2011

21 years together!

So here we are on vacation in Barstow, California (just for the night) headed to Las Vegas, baby! I know it's only about 2 or 3 hours but we were tired and decided to stop here. Our reservations are for later today at the Venetian Hotel for 3 nights and tickets to see the Blue Man Group. We kind of got off to a rocky start yesterday because the stupid truck broke down again! OMFG!! This time the fifth wheel would not release the trailer at the receiver so we took it to the shop thinking it was probably an easy fix. HAHAHAHA! Silly us! It's not and today is president's day so they are closed and won't even look at it til tomorrow. Well, we had already paid for the hotel and theatre so we rented a fancy little sports jobber (silver mustang convertible..I soooo want one now!) and took off. Someone else will have to deliver the load if they ever get the stupid trailer unhooked!
So we decided to stay at this little hotel in Barstow and get liquored up so we will be relaxed today and go see some sights. My wonderful husband of 21 years, in all his infinite wisdom, thought it would be fun to go out to the bar instead of getting dinner like he said. (I was too tired to go out and I'd already eaten. I'm not eating meat right now but that's another story.) So I fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later freaking out that he'd not come back yet. Do you think he would answer the phone? Of course not. It kept going straight to voicemail. I got dressed and was about to go out looking for him, no idea where to even start and wondering if the cops were going to blame me when they found his bloody, rotting corpse in the desert, when I remembered he had mentioned they HAD a bar if we got bored and knowing him as I do, laid back down hoping that's where he was. I was so angry at the thought that I didn't even want to go down there cuz I promise I would have caused a scene and was too tired to deal with it. I figured I couldn't even report him as missing til the next day anyway. He finally staggered back in about an hour later. Sigh. This is what I signed up for all those years ago and as infuriating as he is sometimes, I wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China! Here's to a better day!

1 comment:

Aria~Lupo said...

Incidentally, you have a child about to turn 21 in the same year...

Imagine that.