Saturday, September 04, 2010

9-1-10 Oopsie! That's gonna leave a mark!

I could no longer wait; I had to go to the bathroom. Matt was asleep so I quietly slipped out of the truck and made my way to the truck stop store. I had to walk across the truck scale to get there. Bleary-eyed from napping, I totally did not see the little ledge off the scale and thinking this was not going to be graceful and hoping no one was looking I tried to move my foot up to catch myself...to no avail. Somehow my toes got caught, scraped the cement, and I went all the way down....SLAM! Knees and hands right into the pavement behind a rig at the first fuel aisle. Instinctively I rolled and ended up on my side screaming in my head, "What the f...k! Then I'm like, "Why is no one coming to my rescue? I could lay here and get run over by an incoming rig! Oh sh..t! I'd better get up before I get run over by a rig!" Very disoriented, I slowly got up and grabbed my hat which had fallen off to my horror and then I was glad nobody acted like they saw me because my hair was a greasy wreck! We don't get to shower every single day out here and my hair gets yucky fast! Thankfully I only had the tiniest scratch on my hands and scraped my knee up pretty good but nothing broken except my pride. If only one could actually DIE of embarrassment!

No comments: